Tuesday, October 1, 2013

3 (Dryer) Sheets To The Wind

Hello my lovely readers! I am back with another quick fix, this time for the laundry room.  Our laundry room has always felt a bit tricky to me just because of the amount of foot traffic it gets (you have to walk through it to get to the rest of the house) and the fact that washers and dryers are big...and bulky...and decidedly not attractive. Even if you've got the most fancy pants, top of the line set in the world, they're still big metal blocks. So what to do?  Adding a few finishing touches can make such a difference and if, like me, you have laundry supplies out on the counter, here's a fun update.  As I was perusing the local thrift store this caught my eye


Not the prettiest belle at the ball but I really liked the cutout detail and thought-if we dress up our tissue boxes, why not our dryer sheets?  So I shelled out the whopping $2, took it home and went to work. Before any beautifying was going to happen this thing needed some cleaning, so I used some of my homemade cleaner (Thanks Dr. Oz!) that is only made more effective by these adorable labels from I Heart Organizing (thanks Jen!) to remove that thrift store funk.


And now for the fun part! A nice bright glossy coat of white spray paint was all this guy needed before it was ready to go.  Here it is in its new home!


The tissue holder actually works better than the box alone, and since dryer sheets already have a good amount of stiffness to them, they stay nice and reachable as opposed to having to peel up each individual sheet.  What do you think? Any ideas for putting a little pep in the step of a lame laundry room? I'd love to hear 'em!

No comments:

Post a Comment