Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Gotta Love DIY Quick Tip- Never Buy Swiffer Solution Again!

Hey guys! So as I'm working on my pelmets, I just wanted to share a quick trick that I learned after scouring the internet for green cleaner recipes.  Did you know that you can refill your Swiffer solution bottle?! Not only that, but once you see how easy it is you'll be doing a happy dance of your own!

Step 1: Grab your empty Swiffer bottle.


Step 2: Boil about 2 inches of water.


Step 3: Submerge the white cap portion in the water and hold for 30 seconds.


Step 4: Remove the cap by pressing down while turning counter-clockwise (like you are opening a vitamin bottle).  Refill the container with your favorite cleaner, and simply twist the cap right back on.  It will fit back into your Swiffer perfectly with zero drips or drops!


So that's it! All that's left to do now is sit back and bask in your handiness.  I hope you guys find this as useful as I have.  I know it may seem like a no-brainer, but the cost of all those refill bottles can really add up.  Not to mention all of the empty plastic bottles you will save from the local landfill (always nice to throw a bone to mother nature!).  But my favorite part has to be knowing exactly what is going into the cleaners I use around my home.  Does anyone else out there has their own why-didn't-I-think-of-that cleaning tricks? I'd love to add to my arsenal.  Until next time, stay crafty my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment